SWEDISH BODY MASSAGE
A full body, Swedish Massage (or Deep Tissue) is a wonderfully beneficial treatment. It works on the legs, feet, abdomen, chest, arms, hands, back, neck and shoulders. The face is also an added optional extra. Massage involves the application of the desired or in some cases necessary pressure (by kneading, rubbing or traction) to help ease musculo-skeletal problems, to relieve tension and stress, promote relaxation, aid sleep and create a general sense of well-being. Although, I can completely adapt any treatment to your needs…
My clients having had a Swedish or Deep Tissue massage report feeling their muscles lighter and looser, they feel very relaxed, they get a much better nights sleep and feel energized to face the world refreshed.
For more info about what to expect when you visit Holistic Therapies, Belfast and the benefits of massage, check out my Blog. If you are considering having a Swedish Body or Deep Tissue Massage, ask yourself the following:
- Do you feel stressed or anxious?
- Do you feel low or depressed?
- Do you feel pain or stiffness in your muscles?
- Do you have poor muscle tone?
- Do you have dry, brittle or unhealthy skin?
- Do you have swelling caused by excess fluid?
- Do you suffer from constipation?
- Do you feel tired or run down?
- Do you need to increase your concentration levels?
- Do you suffer from muscle spasms?
- Do you have pain or stiffness in your joints?
- Do you want to reduce the appearance of cellulite?
- Do you suffer from insomnia or disturbed sleep?
- Do you participate in sport?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the questions above, you can benefit from having a Swedish Body or Deep Tissue Massage…
Swedish Massage can be adapted using more pressure to give what is known as Deep Tissue Massage. This type of massage is for those who want to have a deeper, longer lasting benefit or for those who think Swedish massage is too gentle. I use a graded pressure scale of 1 – 5 with 5 being the deepest so in this case a 1 – 3 would be Swedish Massage and a 4 – 5 would be Deep Tissue. Groups who may prefer this type of massage include sports people or athletes but men and women of all ages, shapes and sizes can enjoy this treatment; it simply boils down to taste. However, if you initially ask for a Swedish Massage and then during the treatment realise you want more pressure then just ask; conversely if you ask for a Deep Tissue Massage and you realise you want less pressure then just ask.
Please don’t be shy, if there is an element of the treatment you are not enjoying speak up and say so rather than just lie there not enjoying it. I am very approachable in that respect.
Call or Text Ryan on 0754 118 5537 or 02890 517080 for the best massage Belfast has to offer…